2Likes
  • 1 Post By eMoto

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Victory Charger Pricing Discussion Thread

What do you guys think the Victory Charger price be once it's officially set in stone?

To get a better sense of how its pricing fits into world of electric motorcycles, below I've included pricing of a couple motorcycles you all are very familiar with, motorcycles relevant in discussion of the upcoming Victory Charger.

Brammo Empluse Pricing:
  • Brammo Empulse $16,995 (US)
  • Brammo Empulse $18,995 (US)

Harley Davidson Livewire Pricing:
Quote:
Levatich's comments according to the Journal Sentinel were that the LiveWire "will be ready for the marketplace when next-generation battery technologies are ready." Right now, the electric bike would travel half the distance buyers want and cost $50,000, "about 50% more than customers would want to pay," said the exec. (We're not sure if he meant "twice" what customers are willing to pay, which would be $25,000; as written, the statement implies that consumers would pay about $34,000.)

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 PM

i think it's tough to say right now how much it could exactly go for with so little details about it right now as we're just in the beginning stages of it all but my wild guess is that it could be a low $20k-$25k bike.
palladium likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto View Post
i think it's tough to say right now how much it could exactly go for with so little details about it right now as we're just in the beginning stages of it all but my wild guess is that it could be a low $20k-$25k bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylon View Post
$20K will be the imit for commercial success
That range of pricing is inline with what i was originally thinking it would be with $25k looking to be the breaking point for the current crowd that would buy such a thing, not sure if i would want to pay any more.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 05:53 PM

I think $20k would be the sweet spot. Higher than that and it will be pretty exclusive, and I just don't see it going much lower than that while still being profitable for Victory.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What ever it is, one thing i have a good feeling about is that will be right in line with what Harley will price it's livewire at

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palladium View Post
What ever it is, one thing i have a good feeling about is that will be right in line with what Harley will price it's livewire at
That's very true. One will act as a bell weather for the next.

I think that there will be a real battle to make an electric motorcycle that is more affordable eventually though. I wonder when that will happen. I don't see it being too far off.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sticking with their cheaper pricing structure would indeed be a good thing to stick by with the charger, the next question is how much cheaper, only downside... that is something hard to determine at this point. Little to go off of to determine that!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:32 PM

Perhaps Victory has the ability to mass produce the Charger which will give them the ability to price the bike much cheaper than current electric bikes. Most electric bike companies are small now so they can't really benefit from economies of scale.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
A lower price point would help them, but that will only be part of it, they'll have to ensure the bike provides enough value to the target market. A good combination of both of those will help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Charger Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page